(Contractor, U.S. Time Zones, Remote)
Planorama plans and designs software products through modern product management and product design practices. We focus on research, UI/UX design, and delivering everything development teams need to execute, including dev-ready documentation that accompanies our designs. As a Planorama UX Design Team Lead, you will lead the design of software products for our clients along with a small project team consisting of other senior UX/UI designers. We work according to an agile process and pride ourselves on consistency and repeatability delivered through a mature process.
Planorama designs software for a variety of companies and industry verticals, with U.S.-based clients.
Our designers and design team leads…
- PRODUCT DESIGNER: Are part UX & UI designer, and part business analyst
- EMPATHIZE: Get in the heads of our clients and their users to create simple, intuitive designs, and consider all the ways users can get themselves into trouble.
- THINK BIG, WORK DETAILED: Love to understand the big picture, and at the same time, think through the details of designs to ensure usability and consistency
- HONEST: Speak up when something doesn’t look or feel right
- DRIVEN: Challenge themselves and the team to learn and do better
- COLLABORATIVE: Communicate well and often, and are used to working in remote teams
- PROCESS-ORIENTED: Understand the value of process, versus “lone ranger” designing
- OWNERSHIP: Invested in what you produce because it’s your name, and collectively our name riding on it
If this sounds like you, and you’re available for at least 20 hours/week remote contract work, let’s talk.
Our Senior UX Team Leads are senior UX designers who are experienced leading design teams:
Qualifications as a UX Team Leader
- Experience overseeing teams of UX / product designers on software projects
- Coordination of a design team’s work output to ensure everyone is executing towards our expected level of quality
- Taking a leadership role on building team consensus to establish design direction for a project
- Aligning and prioritizing features to address both user and business objectives
- Working with clients to establish project phases of features to be designed
Qualifications as a Senior Designer
- Experience designing both UX and UI using modern best practices for web application and mobile experiences
- Experience creating the UX and UI for software applications (e.g. web apps, mobile apps, etc.). Needs to be beyond landing pages and websites.
- Experience devising and documenting information architecture
- Experience creating interactive prototypes for illustrating experience and user workflows.
- Experience leveraging component libraries for building high-fidelity designs for software applications, such as Material Design, iOS design components, Bootstrap components, etc.
- Familiarity with creating style guides or design systems.
- Familiarity with user story documentation, including narratives, acceptance criteria, breaking down workflows into scenarios.
- Availability to work a minimum of 20 hours per week, with the majority of them during normal U.S. business hours.
- Written and spoken fluency in English. As our clients speak English, and our documentation is written in English, fluency is a must.
- User research, conducting interviews and consolidating results
- Translating needs from users the business into a scope of features that will fulfill those needs
- Solid understanding and experience designing within modern UI and UX design practices and patterns
- Discipline to work remotely for assigned hours per month, and remain engaged with your team on a daily basis for stand-ups, review meetings, and 1-on-1’s with team members.
- Ability to manage a project daily, week to week, sprint to sprint to ensure the team is driving towards the objectives
- Creating initial and ongoing estimations of effort that can be updated over time during the project
- Presentation of interim and final designs to our clients in meetings
- Figma or Adobe XD (and being a fast learner of other tools when needed)
- Designing and executing usability tests
- Translating feature requirements into detailed user stories for development teams
- Understanding of basic front-end HTML/CSS (don’t worry: you won’t be coding)
- Atlassian tools: Jira, Confluence
- Familiarity with Agile software design and development practices
Please tell us about yourself below. Everything, including your resume, must be in English.