Experienced Scrum Master Contractor
(South America, Remote)
Planorama plans and designs software products through modern product management and product design practices. We focus on research, UI/UX design, and delivering everything development teams need to execute, including dev-ready documentation that accompanies our designs. We design software for a variety of companies and industry verticals, with U.S.-based clients. All of the Planorama team members work remotely.
As a scrum master, you will become an integral member of multiple Planorama agile design project teams to help each project succeed through active management of their UX sprints. A successful scrum master should have a firm grasp of agile practices and the ability to effectively manage and mentor teams.
- Scheduling and running all the agile project ceremonies for UX sprints
- Driving our agile sprint planning process
- Work in collaboration with the project manager to ensure the project is on pace
- Ensuring the sprint boards are always reflecting reality
- Auditing our time-tracking tool to ensure the team is properly tracking their time
- Making sure communication is flowing between the team members, and that impediments to progress are actively addressed and removed
- Suggest and drive process improvements that will help the team work more effectively and efficiently together
- Doing everything possible to ensure our clients are delighted
- Written and spoken fluency in English: As we and our clients speak in English, and our documentation is written in English, fluency is a must. (Note: Your English doesn’t need to be perfect, but day to day communication shouldn’t be a challenge.)
- Discipline to work remotely for assigned hours per month, and remain engaged with your team on a daily basis
- Prior experience as a scrum master on agile design or development teams
- Strong interpersonal and mentoring skills
- Self-motivation and ability to stay focused in the middle of distraction
- Excellent organizational skills, and the ability to document team processes when necessary
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely-accepted Agile techniques, such as user stories, TDD and BDD, measuring sprint velocity
- Great deal of experience using Atlassian tools, primarily Jira and Confluence
- Though not required, preference may be given to applicants with scrum master training and certification.
- Experience working with UX/UI designers, and basic experience navigating Figma
If this is you, and you’re available for at least 20 hours/week for remote contract work during U.S. weekday business hours, please reach out via the form below: