Experienced Development Tech Lead
Planorama is UI/UX professional services firm for software products. For this particular role, we are looking for an experienced development lead available for contract to join an existing team building a SaaS web application. Our current lead needs to transition out for personal reasons, so need to replace him. This is an hourly contractor role, paid in US dollars.
- Guide team’s development efforts towards successful ongoing project delivery.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Be an active code reviewer for all pull requests for features and bugs .
- Engage in periodic architectural conversations and planning with database architect and product lead to ensure smooth path forward for development efforts.
- When not acting as tech lead, work as a developer on the project.
- As needed, build small proof-of-concepts as needed to evaluate technical capabilities before integration into the application.
Skills and Qualifications
- Written and spoken fluency in Portuguese and English. While our development team speaks Portuguese, our project lead speaks English, and our documentation is also written in English. Your English doesn’t need to be perfect, but day to day communication should be a problem.
- Availability during day-time business hours in Brazil
- Attention to detail with drive to ensure precise implementation of user stories + designs
- Work with the scrum master to identify opportunities to improve process and team performance
- Excellent proficiency with web markup – HTML5, CSS3, SCSS
- Proficient with client-side scripting (Typescript)
- Proficient with AngularJS
- Proficient with Node
- Experience with AWS services and deployments
- Proficient with code versioning tools, such as Git or Bitbucket
- Experience using Atlassian tools for project management (Jira)
- Experience with Agile software product development methodology / practices
- Nice-to-have, but not required: experience with graph databases (e.g. Neo4j)
If this is you, and you’re available for at least 20 hours/week (prefer closer to 40 hours/week) for remote contract work during Brazil daytime hours, please reach out via the form below: